From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-19 23:00:34

On 2/20/23 01:48, Gavin Lambert via Boost wrote:
> On 18/02/2023 06:41, Andrey Semashev wrote:
>> I wouldn't say so. We still haven't fixed Boost.Operators (not for the
>> lack of trying), which still remains officially broken in C++20.
>>
>> https://github.com/boostorg/utility/issues/65
>
> AFAIK, the whole point of the spaceship changes was essentially to
> deliberately deprecate Boost.Operators; it should be no longer necessary
> to use any of it, because the compiler now does almost all of it for you.

Regardless of the intention, this isn't a license to break existing
code. There are reasons to keep using Boost.Operators in C++20 and
beyond - one of them being compatibility with prior C++ versions.

Sometimes it seems the Committee just assumes the world will momentarily
upgrade to the latest C++ standard and all legacy code cease to exist.