From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-04-13 06:54:07

Raivo Rebane wrote:
> Hello,
>
> May be I am in wrong list, but I didnt get answer for week from bugs list.
>
> May be anybody can help me ?
>
> I got following error from boost configuration and I can't go forward
>
> CMake gives configuration errors :
>
> CMake Error at
> C:/Users/Raivo/miniconda3/Library/lib/cmake/Boost-
> 1.78.0/BoostConfig.cmake:141
> (find_package):
> Found package configuration file:
>
> C:/Users/Raivo/miniconda3/Library/lib/cmake/boost_filesystem-
> 1.78.0/boost_filesystem-config.cmake
>

> but it set boost_filesystem_FOUND to FALSE so package "boost_filesystem"
> is
> considered to be NOT FOUND. Reason given by package:
>
> No suitable build variant has been found.
>
> The following variants have been tried and rejected:
>
> * boost_filesystem.lib (shared, Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS=ON)

The error is exactly as it says. The Boost package that you're using only
has shared libraries (e.g. bin/boost_filesystem.dll and its corresponding
import library lib/boost_filesystem.lib), but the CMake variable
Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS is set to ON, requesting static libraries (such as
lib/libboost_filesystem.lib, which you don't have.)