From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-04-29 17:08:37

On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 9:58 AM John Maddock via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> That seems to me like the sort of thing that could/should be thrashed
> out at review time, and either back-ported to C++14 or not.

I'd like people to know where I stand, so I will say that if I thought
the library review verdict should be ACCEPTED I would leave it up to
the author to decide if and when they want to refactor it to support
earlier C++ versions. And if they decide never to support earlier C++
versions that would be perfectly OK with me.

I don't have any hard data but I have a hunch that the audience for
this library is much more likely to adopt or have already adopted
C++17 or later. So there might not be much to gain from supporting
earlier versions. Compare and contrast this with a staple such as,
Boost.JSON - I think you lose a LOT of users if you require C++17 on
that.

Thanks