From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-05-01 15:36:03

Now I'm not asking anyone to actually write docs, but I notice there
has been basically no participation from anyone on the mailing in the
site-docs that I announced recently, with the exception of a couple of
very helpful people who also happen to be staff engineers at C++
Alliance. Reminder:

Site Documentation (there are 4 docs here, use the control at the
bottom left to switch from User's Guide to the others):

https://docs.cppalliance.org/doc/user-guide

GitHub issues for site-docs:

https://github.com/cppalliance/site-docs/issues

You don't need to submit a pull request; adding information to
existing issues, or opening new issues is an enormous help.

Now on that subject we want to make sure we have a "History Of Boost"
chapter which thoughtfully outlines the founding of Boost and its
noteworthy historical events leading to the present day. We want to
make sure we get this right and credit everyone who needs crediting,
and not miss anything important. Boost is volunteer work and since
there is no financial compensation the only other currency is social
credit and reputation so this has to be correct.

If you could please visit this issue and add any information that you
feel is relevant to the history of Boost (it can be notes or shorthand
don't worry about grammar, Peter Turcan will edit it down and add it)
that would be of enormous help:

Issue on The History of Boost:
https://github.com/cppalliance/site-docs/issues/37

Of course adding to any other issue or opening new ones is a help too,
so feel free!

Thanks