From: Matt Borland (matt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-05-10 15:58:01

> On May 10, 2023, at 5:42 PM, Dominique Devienne <ddevienne_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, May 10, 2023 at 4:01 PM Matt Borland via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> [...] We use errno rather than std::error_code as specified in the standard.
>
> Hi. Sounded like a good candidate for Boost.Compat (or Boost.Polyfill),
> discussed recently, until that sentence. I'm lucky enough to be able to use
> C++17 at work, but if I was on C++11, I'd tend to use such a library until
> I could use the std one, so deviations like this would complicate adoption
> because moving to std would then be harder. My $0.02. —DD

Dominique,

Thanks for the response. We discussed Boost.Compat but decided it is outside of the scope. For instance <latch> is what set off the discussion and it can be implemented in ~100 LOC. This implementation of charconv will be around 10k LOC so it should be in its own library. If the demand signal is to use std::error_code instead of errno we can make the change.

Matt