From: Christian Mazakas (christian.mazakas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-05-18 21:31:34

We could maybe solve the publicity issue by having the implementation
become a typedef when the header is available. This creates ABI issues
when linking against binary archives but at least maintains API compatibility,
i.e. a user who wrote a function taking boost::compat::latch can pass
a std::latch
in C++20 mode.

>From my own experiences, this seems to be in line with what users actually want,
where Boost's polyfills become their stdlib counterparts when available.

No one's said anything about the quality of the implementation or the
tests, which is
worrisome to me.

- Christian