From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-06-27 18:05:05

On Tue, Jun 27, 2023 at 10:55 AM Robert Ramey via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hmmm - but now we've got someone who is tasked with do "something" do make all the documentation searchable.

Right, but that's different from what I said. Mohammad is not creating
any work for Boost authors and maintainers, nor is he requiring any
changes to their repositories. This is a pure extension which delivers
a feature without placing any burden on the community.

> Perhaps I might suggest to the developer on this project that he might want to use the boost book xml if available.

Because Boost authors and maintainers are a fickle bunch (myself
included) and because it is the owner of the library who knows best
what and how their content should be indexed, our long term goal is a
decentralized system. That is, we provide default behavior such as
what is in the current implementation, and we also provide a way for
the owner of the library repository to control how their own library's
index is generated before it gets uploaded to the cloud.

Mohammad's search experience is designed to give quick relief to an
area that has been completely ignored; it is only the beginning of
Boost's journey with search, not the end.

Regards