From: Klemens Morgenstern (klemensdavidmorgenstern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-07-25 16:28:08

> How many users does this proposed boost.async have? I would like to
> see evidence of at least minimal adoption outside the Boost mailing
> list bubble before giving an endorsement.

I got 32 stars on the repo without doing any advertising and
two active users (outside boost I think) that opened issues. Not that
much, but it's far from an established library.

Note that there's currently a real gap in the C++ library landscape.
We got coroutines standardized,
but using them isn't trivial for various reasons. This library
provides a solution to that, because the standard won't.

I've been using asio awaitables for years mrself and have written &
seen the interest in asio::experimental::coro.
Not to mention how popular similar libraries are in other

The review process will establish if this is the correct approach for
boost, but I have few doubts that a generic, asynchronous C++20
coroutine library has a market.

And it'll provide functionality that should be in the standard, just
like boost did before 2011.