From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-11-06 14:59:33

On 11/6/23 12:45, Alexander Grund via Boost wrote:

> I do see a value in having a separate develop and master branch: During
> release cycles you can continue working on develop while master is
> frozen for the ongoing release.
> Besides that it is true that feature branches should be enough and
> develop could be removed.

To be clear, if Boost as a whole stops using develop, it doesn't
prohibit you from having a branch like that; you can even name it
develop, if you like. That is, if master is frozen, you are free to
continue your work in other branches.

Of course, you would be testing your changes against master branches of
the rest of Boost. I suspect, it wouldn't make much of a difference in
terms of the "stability" of the Boost release.