From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-11-07 01:28:55

On 11/6/23 2:04 PM, Ruben Perez via Boost wrote:

>> The development over head now includes CI scripting. Add that to Git,
>> github, b2 and CMake, documentation tools and assorted other tools one
>> needs to keep up with it's a real burden on developers. No wonder we
>> have difficulties attracting more boost developers!
>
> But yeah, you
> need to take care of CIs, and that takes time. IMHO that's
> part of what development implies currently.

Agreed.

Regardless of whether it's established practice, I don't believe that it
contributes much to boost quality.

Actually, I've seen more than one shop where the build doesn't work, yet
they run it every night regardless. Where the tests don't pass, and
they ship anyway. So the fact that it's established practice by itself
is not convincing to me.

Robert Ramey