From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-11-07 14:40:38

On Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 2:03 AM Alexander Grund via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Am 06.11.23 um 18:30 schrieb Robert Ramey via Boost:
> > Actually, the proper response here is for the CI to provide test
> > matrix like output.
>
> Given that we have a centralized repository with the CI scripts that
> most libraries use this is actually possible.
>
> I imagine it is easy enough to `tee` the b2-test output to a file, run
> some (Python?) script over it and append an overview of the status for
> each test to the end of the output.
> I guess having at least a list of failed tests in an easy-to-read text
> format improves the output.
> Unfortunately we can't (easily) generate HTML pages with tables etc.
> like the test matrix. But the above could at least improve the situation.
>
> Or maybe B2 could give this (already?). At least the CMake test output
> is easier to read having a list of tests, their status and on failure
> their output.

B2 can output an XML file of the tests it runs with a variety of
information in it. Just run the usual test invocation and add an
--out-xml=<file.xml>. There's a Python program
<https://github.com/boostorg/regression/blob/develop/testing/src/process_jam_log.py>
that can process that xml file and generate another xml file to be
used by the current report generation (I wrote that maybe 2 decades
ago?). But that program can trivially be changed to output HTML, or
anything else like AsciiDoc for example.

And, yes, it would be possible for B2 to inherently output a summary
of tests at the bottom of a build.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada