From: g.peterhoff_at_[hidden]
Date: 2024-02-05 01:02:05

> So what's your point?

Another example.
I had asked for a TypeTrait is_integer and also supplied code for it (https://github.com/boostorg/type_traits/issues/186).
The point is that is_integer only returns integer (no character, no bool).
John immediately closed my request "We are not responsible for that".

Instead of admitting a mistake (of course I make some myself) and saying "we forgot/didn't think of it, we'll do it", the only answer is "we don't care".
That's thinking from the wallpaper to the wall.
As I said, boost used to be progressive, but now when you make a suggestion, all you get is "We're not responsible for that/we're not interested in that/we might have to change something that's not possible"

And this even with such a simple TypeTrait. Single file. No dependencies.
And on the other hand, libraries with the most severe buffer overflows (charchonv) are included, where obviously no tests are carried out at all.