From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-14 19:30:14

On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 8:10 AM Phil Endecott via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Before worrying about the legal jargon, the important thing is to decide what
> your privacy policy actually is. The simplest privacy policy is "we don't
> record any personal information". It's not difficult to
> translate that from plain English to legal jargon.

We are not experts in privacy policies or cookie policies so I must
apologized that we botched this. Fixing it is not going to be quick, but
what I will do is bring our intellectual property law firm that is on
retainer and have them produce something for us. This won't be cheap but I
only want the best.

As I am first and foremost a user rather than a website operator, I want
something that satisfies me personally. That means:

1. No tracking by third parties like Google
2. User consent required for everything; no hidden stuff
3. No annoying "cookie control" dialogues
4. No sharing of data with anyone

I do want to balance this with the needs of having a website that users can
opt-in to creating an account on, as having a login system allows for a
rich user experience. But a login won't be required.

If anyone else has additional ideas I am happy to hear them.

Thanks