From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-29 20:55:55

On 2/29/24 23:17, Ion Gaztañaga via Boost wrote:

> Following the Boost tradition we can ask
> Cpp Alliance to put a "Boost Website Candidate" sticker in the new
> website until we polish it and agree in the mailing list that the
> website is mature enough to replace the old site.

I agree that until the new website is accepted as the new official Boost
website, it should clearly state that it is a *proposed* or *unofficial*
website to avoid confusion on the users' side.

I also think the transition under boostorg was premature. It should have
only happened after the legal issues have been settled between The C++
Alliance and Boost Foundation.

I think Boost Foundation (or perhaps its members) is acting
inconsistently on this issue. I realize different Boost Foundation
members may have different opinions on this matter, but the Foundation
must still act as a single body, based on internal procedures for making
decisions like this. I'd like to ask Boost Foundation to make an
official announcement here on the decision regarding the proposed new
website, when that decision is made and the formal agreement with The
C++ Alliance is reached, and then act accordingly.