From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-29 21:04:53

Sent from my iPad

> On 23 Feb 2024, at 16:25, David Sankel via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Feb 21, 2024 at 3:55 PM Vinnie Falco via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> While we sort out the unresolved issues related to the licensing of
>> artwork and logo, the new website has moved to this temporary location
>> for now: https://boost.io
>

> (the opinions below are my own; I'm not speaking for the whole boost board)
>
> I'm sorry Vinnie, but I don't think you understand the extent of the broken
> trust between you and the board. It's too bad. I thought you had a good
> thing going, but you messed it up.

This kind of messaging is most unwelcome and reflects poorly on the Board of the Boost Foundation.

The phrase “no good deed goes unpunished” springs to mind.

My experience with the C++ Alliance in general, and Vinnie in particular is that the firm operates with the best of intentions for the C++ language and boost libraries.
There is no agenda for control or financial gain.

This might be difficult to understand at first as many of us are accustomed to an uncompromising world populated by selfish and greedy people.

I am sure that any difference of view is unintentional.

And thank goodness that *someone is doing something*.

It seems to me that some self reflection is in order.