From: Ruben Perez (rubenperez038_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-20 11:28:49

> Yes, but.. I would like a library that handles various types of
> encoding/decoding with the "same" interface. Encodings that come to
> mind: base-64, url, html, radix-64, base-16, base-32, custom base-x
> alphabet table, base-36, base-62, and so on.

As a user, I've never felt this need - I usually need to encode
something to a particular base or encoding, and I'd like to have a
component that does it and does it well. As others have pointed out,
the more general we make it, the less optimization opportunities we
have.

Aside from URL and HTML, I've found the need for base-64 and base-16
in my day to day. What use cases do the other cases cover?

Thanks,
Ruben.