From: Ruben Perez (rubenperez038_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-20 11:40:14

> FWIW the boost serialization library has included a module for handling
> this for over 20 years.

I've been looking at the implementation and it wouldn't fit my use
case (parsing P-H-C strings as per
https://github.com/P-H-C/phc-string-format/blob/master/phc-sf-spec.md)
because:
* It's hardwired to use exceptions. My use case is a parser for a data
format with several base64 fields. It's not exceptional for them to be
malformed, so I'd rather use error codes.
* The format I'm parsing mandates to not output padding characters. I
don't see any configuration option in the documentation to disable
these.

How does serialization compare in performance when doing base64 to
other libraries?