From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-26 20:16:23

On Sat, Mar 16, 2024 at 9:29 AM Joaquin M López Muñoz via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> El 16/03/2024 a las 12:15, Peter Dimov via Boost escribió:
> > David Sankel wrote:

> >> Also false.
> > I have to admit that I always found the @Boost_Libraries Twitter
> > account somewhat of a mystery. Tweets would occasionally
> > emanate from it, but I could discern no underlying logic as to when
> > they would appear and what they would announce; and if I remember
> > correctly, I once tried to figure out who actually operated it by asking
> > around, but without success.
>
> FWIW, this is the protocol I wrote in the proposed new website for tweet
> requests
> (TL;DR they go through David Sankel for him to publish):
>
> https://www.boost.io/doc/contributor-guide/tweeting.html
>
> I started contributing to Boost back in 2003 and I think I have a decent
> grasp of the
> project and the community. I believe there are huge PR possibilities and
> so began
> being more active on X and Reddit (most of the recent publications in
> both services came
> actually from me). In all modesty I think the response has been
> generally good.
> If the community gives me this honor I’d be happy to have write access
> to the X account
> so that I can be even more active there.

First.. Joaquín has done a good job in the Reddit posts. In particular
maintaining a productive and useful conversation in Reddit, which is
rather difficult. So I definitely approve of him extending this to the
X posts.

Second.. X and Reddit are not the only popular social networks to
interact with these days. And I think it's important to bring back
some life to Boost to find our audience where we haven't before. Hence
I would like to see posts in as many networks as seems useful. To that
effect I've created some unofficial Boost accounts in a few networks:
LinkedIn, mastodon.social, hachyderm.io, bsky.app, and cohost.org. I
can give Joaquín access to those if so desired by the community.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada