From: Quentin Chateau (quentin.chateau_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-04-10 19:23:14

A couple of years ago, I wrote packio, a library implementing asynchronous
client and server for msgpack-rpc. Over time it evolved into something more
generic, an async implementation of the JSON-RPC (https://www.jsonrpc.org/)
spec with customizable serialization.

It is built on top of asio, and boost.json is supported serializer. This
means that with minimal efforts it could evolve into an implementation of
JSON-RPC with no dependencies outside of boost - yet extendable.

My question then is: is there an interest for it ? I'd probably need to
invest a non trivial amount of time into making it boost-compliant and
following up on the review process, so I'm wondering whether it is worth it
or not.

Note that there are two known limitations in my library:
- No support for batch mode
- No support for sharing a transport between a client and a server (not
part of the spec, but requested by some users)

I'm looking forward to get the community's opinion. You can check my
library on GitHub (https://github.com/qchateau/packio). Feedback on either
community's interest for such library, or plain comments on the library are
welcome !

Quentin