From: David Sankel (camior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-04-21 12:52:28

Hi all,

We're overdue for a Boost website/Twitter status update as it relates to
the board. In summary:

   - The board approved pointing boost.org to C++ Alliance servers running
   the new website once it's ready
   - The board is accepting a contribution from the C++ Alliance to upgrade
   the @Boost_Libraries Twitter account to premium, which simplifies
   delegation of credentials for posts
   - The C++ Alliance made their @BoostLibraries Twitter account private
   which means only its subscribers will see its posts.

The website decision was made in the 3/28 board meeting which followed the
3/13 meeting where several on boost-dev were invited to the discussion. You
can read the minutes here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zMKUX3nfdcOXT6nUIU4M_YRlCU4ywGoG40ouo3IKydM/edit>
.

The website decision was not easy. There wasn't consensus in boost-dev nor
on the board itself (it passed with 3 in favor, 2 against, and 1
abstention). However, a needed decision was made and I invite everyone to
rally behind it and support its success. I want to thank Vinnie and those
working for the C++ Alliance for their major Boost website contributions.

I want to acknowledge the reviewers, active Boost authors, review managers,
folks making releases, bug reporters, infrastructure maintainers, and the
many others that contribute to Boost in various ways. These people
constitute the Boost libraries project whose consensus is the primary means
of community-wide decision making. The Boost Steering Committee (and now
the Boost Foundation) was created by the Boost libraries project to make
such decisions *only in the rare case of community deadlock*. While the
Boost board is more than happy to provide feedback and financial support
for Boost libraries initiatives, the board is taking its direction from the
project and not the other way around.

Thanks everyone for your passionate interest in Boost and I look forward to
what comes next!

David, Boost Foundation Chair