From: David Sankel (camior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-05-07 15:58:42

Hi all!

We held our annual Boost Foundation meeting at C++Now last week. At this
annual meeting we elect officers for an annual term and directors for
staggering two-year terms. Glen Fernandes and Peter Dimov had terms
expiring this year and were re-elected for another two-year term. We
additionally added Matthew Guidry, who has been regularly active in
foundation work, to the director roster. Congrats Matthew!

Class A (Terms Expiring 2025)

   - Bob Steagall [BS]
   - David Sankel [DS]
   - Michael Caisse [MJC]
   - Zach Laine [ZL]
   - Inbal Levi [IL]
   - Jeff Garland [JG]
   - Kristen Shaker [KS]

Class B (Terms Expiring 2026)

   - Glen Fernandes [GF]
   - Peter Dimov [PD]
   - Matthew Guidry [MG]
   - (4 vacant slots)

We additionally made officer selections. I will continue for another year
as Executive Director, but have stepped down as Chair of the Board of
Directors. Kristen Shaker has volunteered to take this on (congrats
Kristen!). Zach Laine has agreed to take on the Safety and Inclusion Chair
role in her place. Here is the list of officers:

   - Board of Directors, Chair: Kristen Shaker
   - Board of Directors, Vice Chair: Glen Fernandes
   - Conference Chair: Bob Steagall
   - Director of Summer of Code: Inbal Levi
   - Executive Director: David Sankel
   - Secretary: Michael Caisse
   - Treasurer: Zach Laine
   - Standardization Chair: Jeff Garland
   - Safety and Inclusion Chair: Zach Laine

We also decided to take down discourse.boost.org due to a general lack of
interest by those active in the Boost project. The instance will be
utilized by the Beman project <https://www.bemanproject.org/>, an
independent initiative focused on providing implementations of libraries
proposed for the C++ standard.

That's all for now!

-- David