From: Ville Voutilainen (ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-05-09 20:56:32

On Tue, 7 May 2024 at 20:16, Vinnie Falco via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > I don't think the problem is getting a library into a fit state for
> > standardisation,
>
> but rather how library standardisation works at WG21 is not fit for purpose
> > in
>
> my opinion. In other words, the problem isn't a technical one, it's a
> > _process_ and _political_ problem, in my opinion.
>

> I agree with Niall here. The structure of WG21 creates perverse incentives,
> producing outcomes which are not aligned with the needs of the wider C++
> community. For example "the standard library can't connect to the internet."

I have never heard of such an incentive being expressed in WG21, and I
have attended
rather more of its meetings than the two people who make just slightly
questionable claims
about what WG21's library standardization process is fit for,
considering how much experience
they (don't) have about it. :)

The mission statement of that project sounds fine, reference
implementations for standard library proposals, early reviews. There's
nothing there not to like. Sounds like a highly valuable service.

I do agree with the name being questionable.