From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-05-21 07:41:37

On 5/21/24 08:03, Ion Gaztañaga via Boost wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> Boost.Container was accepted in 2011 when container classes were spun
> off from Boost.Interprocess to form a new library. At that time it
> offered new features like emulated move semantics for "classic" STL-like
> containers and some new classes like flat_map and stable_vector.
>
> During these years more containers/main features were added:
>
> - The scoped allocator Model was added in Boost 1.50 (2012)
> - static_vector was added in Boost 1.54 (2013)
> - small_vector was added in Boost 1.58 (2015)
> - Polymorphic Memory Resources were added in Boost 1.60 (2015)
> - devector was added in Boost 1.75 (2020)
>
> Lately I've been collecting some ideas about how to improve the library
> and keep it interesting/useful both for other Boost libraries and Boost
> users.
>
> I've somewhat formalized a bit some of those ideas and I'd like to share
> them here in order to obtain feedback from the developers. Here's the
> document:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VdMTheFUczC946dP3VKPseOoUq3sVKjU73oMvK8FE3o/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Note that this document does not outline a schedule for all those ideas,
> it's an initial description of possible developments that should be
> evaluated/prioritized, as developing a substantial subset of the
> proposals would be a huge task.
>
> Thanks in advance for your attention and comments.

One issue I had with Boost.Container deque is that it only allows
customizing allocation block size for a given value type and not the
container itself. This prevents having multiple deques for a given value
type that use different block sizes.

It would be useful to be able to specify the block size in the deque
template parameters.

https://github.com/boostorg/container/issues/278