From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-06-07 10:14:25

On Thu, Jun 6, 2024 at 6:55 PM David Sankel wrote:

> On Fri, May 31, 2024 at 10:46 AM Sam Darwin wrote:
> > That's not a typo. The URL is archives.boost.io. In the past, the download
> > link has been on many other domains: sourceforge, bintray, jfrog, and so
> > on. There is no expectation the download is hosted on the website itself.
> > Currently, 50TB/month of traffic are already going to archives.boost.io
> > and would "break" (so to speak) if that were switched.
>
> I agree that boost.org would be better. Where is the 50TB/month of traffic
> coming from? We could make archive.boost.org point to the same server, no?
>
> Having two domains for boost is just confusing IMO.

If I understand correctly, Fastly supports us using our own domain for
these URLs. I'm not worried about the breakage because all that
traffic is already new, since the URLs switched from the JFrog one to
the current one. Now that we can have boost.org URLs for this, it
would be nice.

Sam, let's discuss offline. If it needs access I can bring it up at
the meeting next Wednesday.

Glen