From: Klemens Morgenstern (klemensdavidmorgenstern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-07-11 01:17:11

On Wed, Jul 10, 2024 at 10:48 PM David Sankel via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> For those who got involved in Boost within the last couple years, how did
> you hear about boost? What attracted you to it?
>
> For those who have been around for a while, what keeps you here? Why do you
> stay engaged?

I like Boost for the same reason I like engineering professions: you
are focussed on achieving the best technical solutions and not on
personality or politics.
This is more true of Boost than of the Standard Committee these days,
which is why I think boost is a great place for libraries like asio
and all its dependents.

The amount of expertise we have within Boost is what keeps me engaged.
Interesting problems are being discussed and I often learn a lot about
issues I never considered (like how to implement a safe string for
example, and why).

I hope Boost stays focussed on excellent engineering.