From: Fernando Pelliccioni (fpelliccioni_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-07-11 10:25:08

On Wed, Jul 10, 2024 at 4:48 PM David Sankel via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> For those who got involved in Boost within the last couple years, how did
> you hear about boost? What attracted you to it?
>
> For those who have been around for a while, what keeps you here? Why do you
> stay engaged?

Since I started with C++ in the early 2000s, I've found Boost to be an
indispensable resource. Over the years, I've used a wide range of Boost
libraries, particularly in areas like math and numerics, geometry, data
structures, algorithms, metaprogramming, and networking, as well as utility
tools like Optional and Variant.

Lately, I've been keenly following the discussions about Boost's structure.
Personally, I see value in exploring a more modular approach, managed by a
package manager like Conan, which could enhance Boost's flexibility and
accessibility. This vision and the latest innovations in Boost Unordered,
such as the new Flat and Concurrent containers, led me to collaborate with
the C++ Alliance.

The ongoing support and sponsorship from the C++ Alliance have been crucial
not just for maintaining existing libraries but also for developing new
features that meet current needs. This support has been a cornerstone in
ensuring that critical tools continue to be relevant and useful in an
ever-changing tech environment.

Finally, it's essential for us as a developer community to keep fostering a
collaborative and continuously improving environment. Contributing to Boost
is not just a way to give back to the community, but also an opportunity to
ensure it remains a cutting-edge tool for C++ developers worldwide.

I'm looking forward to continuing my involvement in this ecosystem and
contributing to its growth and improvement in the coming years.

Sincerely,
Fernando.