From: Mohammad Nejati [ashtum] (ashtumashtum_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-07-11 12:06:00

> For those who got involved in Boost within the last couple years, how did
> you hear about boost? What attracted you to it?

I began using Boost in 2018 because I needed a high-quality networking
library as a base for creating a few network protocols required at my
work. I started with Asio and was fascinated by the quality of its
implementation and the improvements introduced with each release. I
soon realized there were other useful libraries in Boost that I could
use, such as Container, Bimap, Endian, and Lexical Cast. This need
escalated when I took a job with a trading platform that required HTTP
and WebSocket communication. For that project, I chose Beast, JSON,
URL, and Redis (not in Boost at the time) as building blocks.

I got more involved by joining the CppLang Slack and discussing some
suggestions for the newly proposed Boost.Redis, as well as creating a
few open-source synchronization mechanisms that Asio was lacking at
the time (by asking tons of annoying questions about Asio's
implementation details from Klemens). Through the CppLang Slack
community, I learned about the C++ Alliance, joined in 2023, and
became the maintainer of Boost.Beast while also helping with a few
in-development libraries like http_proto and http_io.

> For those who have been around for a while, what keeps you here? Why do you
> stay engaged?

I stay engaged because I appreciate the high-quality work and the
invaluable learning opportunities this community offers. Being part of
such a dedicated and knowledgeable group has been incredibly
rewarding, providing insights and experiences I haven't found
elsewhere.