From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-07-18 23:52:27

On 7/19/24 7:02 AM, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:

> The C++ Alliance could easily use its resources to build up the old logo by
> resolving the copyright, registering a trademark, and applying the usage
> policy. However I do not have the same enthusiasm for investing in the old
> logo as the new one has some advantages, at least to me:
>
> * The new logo is clean and memorable
> * The new logo is different from the old one, signifying a change
> * The new logo design is modern, while the old one is dated

This is obviously subjective, but I would argue the other way.

* The current logo is clean and memorable
* The current logo design is modern, while the new one looks cheesy.

The current logo could have been refined/updated to fix the technical
issues Rene mentions without deviating too much from the design

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
Cycfi Research, Inc.