From: Klemens Morgenstern (klemensdavidmorgenstern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-07-19 22:50:17

On Sat, Jul 20, 2024, 12:03 AM Phil Endecott via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Vinnie Falco wrote:
> > The new Boost logo was developed by the Alliance, and a community
> consensus
> > is needed if we are to fully move forward with its use. I am hoping this
> > will spark the necessary discussion.
>
> Visually I think it's a decent logo.
>
> We would want to avoid the "Debian Iceweasel" issue. I've not tried to
> understand
> whether this is a problem with the terms of use.
>
> To me, the logo choice looks like a proxy for the more fundamental
> question,
> "do we like Vinnie Falco and the C++ Alliance and the work they are
> doing?".
>
> Less than a month ago, Kristen Shaker told us that "there is no viable path
> forward for further coordination between The C++ Alliance and The Boost
> Foundation". I have not seen any announcement reversing that decision.
> I guess that there has been some private discussion and that Vinnie is no
> longer persona non grata - am I right?

He has never been.

The Boost Foundation does not own boost - or anything related to boost,
apparently.

I think everyone who frequents the mailing lists should be able to make up
their own mind about what the Booat Foundation and what the C++ alliance
did for Boost.