From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-07-19 16:03:19

Vinnie Falco wrote:
> The new Boost logo was developed by the Alliance, and a community consensus
> is needed if we are to fully move forward with its use. I am hoping this
> will spark the necessary discussion.

Visually I think it's a decent logo.

We would want to avoid the "Debian Iceweasel" issue. I've not tried to understand
whether this is a problem with the terms of use.

To me, the logo choice looks like a proxy for the more fundamental question,
"do we like Vinnie Falco and the C++ Alliance and the work they are doing?".

Less than a month ago, Kristen Shaker told us that "there is no viable path
forward for further coordination between The C++ Alliance and The Boost
Foundation". I have not seen any announcement reversing that decision.
I guess that there has been some private discussion and that Vinnie is no
longer persona non grata - am I right?

Regards, Phil.