From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-08 04:07:01

On Wed, Aug 7, 2024 at 10:48 PM Robert Ramey via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> A really dumb question. If the consolidated documentation is not
> available through the web site, what is the point of generating it. I'm
> sure it takes a lot of time.

It is available through the web site. Every library has a top level
index.html you can browse to, to read each of them. Some of those will
land in the consolidated docs. While others will not. It's the choice
of the author which one the prefer to provide.

> From the point of view of modularization, wouldn't it make more sense
> just to generated inside the libraries doc/html directory? FWIW, I
> generate for my own libraries and check them into the git repo. I know
> this might seem redundant, but it relieves the user and or release of
> building the docs and permits the documentation to be browsed on one's
> local environment.

Not checking in the generated docs to git relieves all the other Boost
authors from downloading your documentation with every pull.