From: Joel de Guzman (djowel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-08 22:30:38

On 8/9/24 6:09 AM, Joel de Guzman wrote:
> On 12/12/22 3:43 AM, Glen Fernandes via Boost wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 11, 2022 at 2:20 PM John Maddock wrote:
>>> I've just heard that Paul Bristow who helped so much with the
>>> development of Boost.Math and indeed many other libraries, passed away
>>> peacefully last week.
>>>
>>> RIP Paul.  Much missed.
>> May his soul rest in peace. More than a few authors (myself included)
>> received much Quickbook/Boostbook assistance from Paul. He will be
>> missed.
>
> I will miss Paul. he is one of the kindest people here in Boost. RIP Paul.

Pardon me if this is an awfully late response. I was doing a backread and saw this
message, and I got very emotional. I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention. It's sad that
people I know have passed, including Paul and Beman. Boost wouldn't be the same without them.

But yes, time moves on. And indeed Boost is a very different place now. There are new
members, and very few familiar faces I remember when I first started joining in the
discussions 24 years ago. I am hoping that the new direction Boost is heading to will
bring back the very vibrant community Boost once was.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
Cycfi Research, Inc.