From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-09 00:48:52

All:

I've been engaged more with long-time members of the Boost community,
and something which I now realize is the extraordinary level of
camaraderie and brotherhood which sprang from the early years of Boost
evolution. Boost was a family and like all families, it has changed.
People left, new people joined, priorities shifted, and such.

Contribution to the libraries is something special, so I would like to
introduce an idea. The "Boost Alumni Program." Like a college alumni
program this is designed to help Boost contributors stay in touch over
the years. There could be a mailing list, and a program administrator
who is tasked to keep track of everyone, including their email and
phone number. They can keep contact and track changes in careers, new
projects, and so on.

The goal here is to help maintain the relationships of contributors
over time, even when they have moved on from the project for various
reasons such as a new job or new life circumstances.

I don't know all the details, but would anyone find value in such a
program? Would anyone want to participate? Would anyone be against
this?

Thanks