From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-09 02:06:19

On Thu, Aug 8, 2024 at 7:49 PM Vinnie Falco via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> All:
>
> I've been engaged more with long-time members of the Boost community,
> and something which I now realize is the extraordinary level of
> camaraderie and brotherhood which sprang from the early years of Boost
> evolution. Boost was a family and like all families, it has changed.
> People left, new people joined, priorities shifted, and such.

While I came to Boost for the build system; I stayed for the
interactions. Which not only spanned maintaining the build system, but
also creating a web site, managing the documentation, at one point
fixing bugs in everyone's libraries, and yes I eventually wrote a
library. I always look forward to the possibility of chatting about ye
old Boost times at conferences.

> Contribution to the libraries is something special, so I would like to
> introduce an idea. The "Boost Alumni Program." Like a college alumni
> program this is designed to help Boost contributors stay in touch over
> the years. There could be a mailing list, and a program administrator
> who is tasked to keep track of everyone, including their email and
> phone number. They can keep contact and track changes in careers, new
> projects, and so on.
>
> The goal here is to help maintain the relationships of contributors
> over time, even when they have moved on from the project for various
> reasons such as a new job or new life circumstances.
>
> I don't know all the details, but would anyone find value in such a
> program? Would anyone want to participate? Would anyone be against
> this?

I like the idea! And would enjoy participating.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada