From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-10 13:13:00

pt., 9 sie 2024 o 00:38 Vinnie Falco via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
napisał(a):

> Recently the Boost Foundation offered the community two choices of
> organizations for stewardship of Boost's shared resources: itself, and The
> C++ Alliance. The project needs a decision, in order that its future may be
> determined.
>
> The Formal Review Process is typically called upon to answer the question
> of whether a library should be accepted into the collection. I have
> proposed that we use the same process to determine the question of
> stewardship. It is not perfect, yet it is both familiar and enduring.
>
> Although there are two designated review wizards, one is unavailable and
> the other is traveling. And review wizards have never been called upon to
> oversee non-library reviews.
>
> Therefore, I would like to add a formal review to the calendar for the
> following days, inclusive:
>
> Monday August 19, to
> Wednesday, August 28
>
> Here are some review managers who I believe are well-suited for the task:
>
> Ion Gatzanaga
> John Maddock
> Glen Fernandes
> Peter Dimov
>
> If Glen or Peter accept, it would be appropriate for them to first resign
> from the Boost Foundation board.

One characteristic feature of a Boost Review Process, is that it is a one
man's arbitrary decision whether a library is accepted to Boost or not.
Other reviewers provide input and recommendations, but the decision is made
solely by one man based on this man's judgement. I am not sure how this
would work for the Stewardship issue.

It looks to me that the question of the Stewardship is more like
ellections, where decisions are made in the process or voting, which is the
most civilized way known of solving the problem by using force.

Regards,
&rzej;