From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-13 09:26:03

El 13/08/2024 a las 2:43, David Sankel via Boost escribió:
> Hi all, I want to address some misunderstandings surrounding Jon Kalb’s
> departure, foundation revenue sources, and boost project initiatives.
>
> First, Jon’s exit from the Boost Foundation was not the result of Jon
> committing a code of conduct violation. Out of respect for his privacy, I
> don’t want to detail the rationale unless Jon agrees that it should be
> public.

I think the only public information we have from the Foundation is:

(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zMKUX3nfdcOXT6nUIU4M_YRlCU4ywGoG40ouo3IKydM/edit?pli=1#heading=h.fm5mpmyknfns)

****

2022-03-11 Meeting

Discussed evidence that a board member Y was aware of X's felony
conviction prior to C++Now 2021 where X was a speaker. Discussed that Y
was also aware of the potential for scandal this could have. Concluded
that Y’s failure to report this information to the Boost Foundation
Board was a serious lapse in judgment that put the entire conference at
risk. Considering Y was already transitioning out of their Boost and
C++Now conference responsibilities, resolved to ask Y to accelerate that
transition.

2022-03-11 Note
On 2022-03-11, Person Y resigned from the board and from his C++Now
positions.

****

Best,

Ion