From: Kristen Shaker (kristen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-19 23:16:39

> Traditionally the formal reviews work like this:

* Exactly one proposal is considered

Given what we are reviewing is an unprecedented and fundamental paradigm
shift for the Boost community rather than an up or down vote on a library,
it makes sense to me that we would adapt the review process to best suit
the task at hand rather than limit ourselves to what has come before.

Instead, we might focus solely on whether the Alliance is a suitable
> replacement for the Foundation. If our review outcome indicates otherwise,
> future proposals can be decided in new reviews. This process is not about
> soliciting bids from multiple organizations, but rather preserving the
> ability to continue delivering proven results with existing leadership.

This process is largely about providing the developers with the agency to
make a decision regarding their governance. I think allowing them to put
forward proposals is part of facilitating that agency. Additionally, a
change in governance structure would be a huge and disruptive shift. It's
crucial that we do not find ourselves transitioning between different
governing structures every 6 months. I believe a longer than average review
process is in the best interest of the community. It is important that we
get this right and that may mean taking a little longer.