From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-09 20:45:31

Hi All,
I have a couple of questions to the C++ Alliance representatives regarding
the Fiscal Sponsorship Proposal.

First, the proposal is very clear and informative. Thank you for this.

I still have some questions, though.
In Appendix 1:

Paragraph 2.c says, "all community programs [...] shall be the ultimate
responsibility of Alliance. What is meant by "community programs" here?

Paragraph 3 says "should Alliance be required to pay any taxes [...]". What
taxes do you mean here? Can you give an example?

Paragraph 3 also uses the term, "Project agrees". Is this a mistake, or
intentional? I understand that the Current Committee can agree to
something. Or that the Steering Committee can agree to something. But how
can the Project agree?

Additional two questions.

1. When I am a maintainer of a library, what does it make me in the light
of this agreement? Am I part of the Project? Or a donor to the Project? Or
something else?

2. I have a problem internalizing who decides and signs-off on the
complement of the Current Committee. Don't get me wrong. I personally
support the proposed complement (including the proposed amendments); I just
wonder how it works logically/legally. The Current Committee cannot appoint
itself. The Alliance cannot arbitrarily say "you, you, and you". Is this
Boost Asset Stewardship Review a vehicle for the legitimization of the
Current Committee?

Paragraph 8.d says, "If no Successor is found, Alliance may dispose of the
Project assets and liabilities in any manner consistent with applicable tax
and charitable trust laws."
This sounds very harsh to me. If the Project faces the necessity to find
another sponsor, and this fails, is the Alliance allowed to offer the
domain name for sale, get rid of the mailing list archives, or offer the
logo to someone else?

Appendix 3 -- I do not see how it illustrates the boost.org Domain
Registration Expiration

Appendix 6 -- It is very nice promotional material. Thank you for doing
this.
But the term "the Official C++ Language Slack Workspace" draws my
attention, and I have always wanted to ask this: what makes this slack
workspace "official"? Neither Boost nor the C++ Alliance represents C++ or
could make decisions or blessings in the name of C++. So, is it not a
stretch?

Regards,
&rzej;