From: [soda-pressed] (sodapressedsound_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-09 21:06:00

As someone watching this from the sideline, I would say not adopting a
document can be as much of a statement as adopting one. A code of conduct
is as good as the people instituting them. Wouldn't it be fair to say that
the proposed steering committee could craft an adequate code that is useful
enough for the needs of both the existing members, as well as to the
advantage of anyone who would like to participate in the project and may
wonder about its policies? Is it to the benefit of the project to make a
point of not providing a clearly defined code of conduct?

I'm not saying this in support, or opposition of anyone. These documents
are sort of an industry standard on this point. But I think the proposed
steering committee should consider whether they could formalise a code that
fits the desires of the boost community. It is important to bear in mind
that not having a code is invariably in itself a statement too, considering
the climate in of our industry.

- Soda