From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-10 14:58:15

Jakob Lövhall wrote:
> > It sounds trite and inane but, to me, it's a valuable rebranding that
> > requires little to no actual effort on our part. We live in an era
> > where people wanna see something called "Code of Conduct".
>
> Just to add a point of what people want, I, as a person, does not want
> anything called Code of Conduct.
> They are highly political and their presence makes me see the organization
> having it as highly politicised.

That's what I was going to say; while I can easily accept that there exist
people who would be discouraged by the absence of a Code of Conduct,
I'm fairly sure that there also exist ones who consider its presence a major
red flag.

I'm not at all convinced that the former group outweighs the latter (and
I deliberately don't use "outnumbers" here, because not all potential
contributors are the same.)