From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-13 12:30:36

On Thu, Sep 12, 2024 at 6:12 PM Andrzej Krzemienski wrote:
> When I read the Foundation's counter-proposal
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XFt7Bh71e4_uE0iK4jifhR__P0iG5_c1cDfBsMjrljU/edit
> It proposes, in section "What we propose", point 1:
>
> *Governance* remains with the Boost Foundation which continues to serve as the legal entity representing Boost.
>
> Is this just a bad choice of words?

Take Kristen's reply as authoritative, but my understanding is that
the above refers to the assets in question, and not at all for the
direction of the C++ library development.

(Allow for some time as she might be involved in CppCon preparation).

For the latter, as Zach mentioned, the Foundation would continue to
not impose its will. It would be available for the community to
consult and be a tie breaker if requested.

The proposal does, however, propose a more active role in the
administration of those assets.

Glen