From: Joaquin M López Muñoz (joaquinlopezmunoz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-14 10:42:38

El 14/09/2024 a las 10:15, John Maddock via Boost escribió:

>>> - Regarding Discord, the community has repeatedly declined to move
>>> from the
>>> Mailing List. I'm not a big fan of Mailing Lists, but I see no point in
>>> insisting on that.
>> You meant Discourse. I can think of one "advantage." You can lock
>> threads, delete posts, and ban people more easily. For example:
>
> Leaving that aside for a moment, I can actually see one other
> advantage: easier
> entry for newbies, that just want to ask one question and move on.
> That's not
> appropriate for this list, but it might well be for "boost-users"
> which let's be
> honest, currently gets almost no postings, when it should really be
> chock full of
> "how do I" newbie questions.  Of course those can be super annoying to
> deal with...
> but todays newbies are tomorrows developers.
I think these casual interactions could be more aptly addressed on
Slack, plus
this is also likely to be more accessible to newbies. I'd miss the
powerful archiving
functionality MLs provide, but I guess this is how things stand now.

It's been mentioned we intend to replace the ML backend with something
that provides the classical interaction mode plus online participation
through
the website. This combines the best of both worlds IMHO.

Joaquin M Lopez Munoz