From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-14 11:42:16

wt., 3 wrz 2024 o 17:35 Glen Fernandes via Boost-announce <
boost-announce_at_[hidden]> napisał(a):

> Dear Boost community,
>
> The Boost Asset Stewardship Review begins today, 3rd September and
> ends on 22nd September.
>
> For reference, the review schedule is:
> https://www.boost.org/community/review_schedule.html
>
> The submission which initiated the review is the following proposal
> from the C++ Alliance:
> https://cppalliance.org/pdf/Fiscal-Sponsorship-Proposal.pdf
>
> It proposes a Fiscal Sponsorship which:
>
> 1) is a legal agreement where the C++ Alliance holds assets on behalf
> of the Boost project. It proposes a newly formed (steering) committee
> that would be composed of Boost developer community members that would
> determine how the assets are used.
>
> 2) donates the assets that it funds to the Boost project (domains,
> hosting, etc.)
>
> The "Boost developer community" here refers to:
> - Boost library authors
> - Boost library contributors
> - Boost release managers
>
> For a high level overview of these terms (which I needed) see the
> following email with definitions:
> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2024/09/257579.php
>
> The Boost Foundation asks the Boost developer community to consider
> the following alternative:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XFt7Bh71e4_uE0iK4jifhR__P0iG5_c1cDfBsMjrljU/
>
> The Boost Foundation proposal presents a path forward where it
> continues to be the steward the assets in question, but offers a
> change in how these are managed.
>
> The assets here refer to the following:
> - The boost.org domain
> - Website hosting
> - Mailing lists
> - Downloads storage and CDN
> - Drone CI

This is a request for clarification.
Given that the review is about the control of the assets, and the Mailing
List is mentioned as one, does the control exercised by a body (be it the
C++ Alliance or the Boost Foundation) over the Mailing List means that this
body gets to control whether the Mailing List is subject or not to the Code
of Conduct enforcements?

Regards,
&rzej;