From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-15 23:35:55

Andrzej Krzemienski wrote:
> niedz., 15 wrz 2024 o 21:43 Joaquín M López Muñoz via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> napisał(a):
>
> > It would if field experience weighed more in WG21’s acceptance
> > criteria.
> >

> But because it often doesn't, the Beman Project does indeed fulfil an
> important role. If nothing else (and there is likely more, that I fail to
> appreciate), it allows one to prove that what is proposed is actually
> implementable.

The Beman Project can be (and will be) tailored to the needs of LEWG.

LEWG doesn't need a second opinion on the library design or utility;
what they need is a place that would hold the reference
implementations and their test suites and that would ensure that these
meet some minimum (objective) quality standards (e.g. the test suite
has sufficient coverage and compiles and passes.)