From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-16 11:29:03

Hi Everyone,
While reviewing a Boost candidate library, I re-watched Robert Ramey's
advice on how to write library documentation, from CppCon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACeNgqBKL7E&ab_channel=CppCon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxmdCxX9dMk&ab_channel=CppCon

These are so great talks, and so much practical, wise and appealing advice.
Whenever my colleagues ask me for advice on how to write documentation, I
give them these links. I also follow the advice ever since I watched the
first video.

Robert, thank you for them.

I believe that this is a valuable Boost asset, and should be listed along
the Boost Software License and the Boost Review Process. I hope that our
documentation (old or new) will mention it in a prominent place, much like
the docs mention the great article "Exception-Safety in Generic Components"
by Dave abrahams.

Regards,
&rzej;