From: Nelson, Erik - 2 (erik.l.nelson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-17 18:48:09

Christian Mazakas wrote on Monday, September 16, 2024 12:49 PM

>In a similar vein, vcpkg actually did the same thing: switched their
>package files from using b2 to CMake.

>In these kinds of cases, I think it's just that most projects can handle
>CMake projects in some capacity whereas b2 is a strong outlier so when
>applicable, it gets eschewed.

As a boost user, I've always appreciated that Boost can be bootstrapped directly from the downloaded sources... no need to install third-party tools on my multiple platforms that I don't have admin access to.

Erik

This message, and any attachment(s), is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/electronic-disclaimer. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message. For more information about how Bank of America protects your privacy, including specific rights that may apply, please visit the following pages: https://business.bofa.com/en-us/content/global-privacy-notices.html (which includes global privacy notices) and https://www.bankofamerica.com/security-center/privacy-overview/ (which includes US State specific privacy notices such as the http://www.bankofamerica.com/ccpa-notice).