From: Christian Mazakas (christian.mazakas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-17 19:02:36

On Tue, Sep 17, 2024 at 11:48 AM Nelson, Erik - 2 <erik.l.nelson_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> As a boost user, I've always appreciated that Boost can be bootstrapped
> directly from the downloaded sources... no need to install third-party
> tools on my multiple platforms that I don't have admin access to.

As far as I'm aware, you don't need admin access to "install" vcpkg or
Conan. I put "install" in quotes here because technically, I just `git
clone vcpkg.git` and use it like that, so to me this isn't really
"installing" it.

If you can download Boost source and bootstrap b2, I'd imagine you could
just clone vcpkg as well but I'm not aware of your specifics. But fwiw,
nothing I do usually involves sudo on my machine.

- Christian