From: Seth (bugs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-19 14:28:28

On Thu, Sep 19, 2024, at 1:13 PM, Artyom Beilis via Boost wrote:
> 1. You haven't mentioned even once OpenCV
> [...]
> 4. If you do implement many high performance algorithms this library by any
> means shouldn't be header only.
>
> What is not clear to me is why should I use one over some existing solution
> like OpenCV?

All of the points raised are actually a single one, and seem to misunderstand the scope of the library? I suppose it should be seen as a successor to Boost MultiArray, leveraging modern language features and side-stepping some of the pitfalls.

That's not at all useless, and interop examples would be very valuable. However, not all code needs vectorization (beyond what the compiler will automatically do). I'm more interested in the relation to https://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/container/mdspan - which seems to fill the same space: building block for flexibly indexed contiguous storage.