From: Дмитрий Архипов (grisumbras_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-10-09 08:27:36

Thank you Rene, Vinnie, and Braden for your endorsements.

ср, 9 окт. 2024 г. в 00:57, Braden Ganetsky via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>:
> I would like to see it called something a bit more general than "Pretty
> Printers" though. I'd prefer something like "Debugging" or
> "Visualizations". Something that can encompass other related tools, other
> than just GDB pretty-printers, including Natvis or any other popular
> debugger extension that may pop up in the future.

I actually too started thinking that pretty_printers is a misleading
name for the project. Julien's PR to JSON gave me the idea to rename
the project to debug_printers. But now I've realised that it's not
necessarily limited to pretty printers/visualizers. The embedded GDB
extension module can contain other utilities like xmethods and new
commands. Just the other day I was debugging some code and thought
that a command to put a breakpoint at a boost::source_location could
be very helpful.

So, how about DebuggerUtils?