From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-10-10 00:37:58

On Wed, Oct 9, 2024 at 10:31 AM Joaquín M López Muñoz via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I think reviews are useful to improve the quality of submissions, so it is
> only natural that they can be applied to tools as well going forward. For
> this tool in particular, its potential usage goes beyond an internal
> utility for Boost authors, which makes it more sensible that it be reviewed
> publicly. Either way, the author has explicitly requested the review, which
> to me should settle all arguments about whether that review should take
> place or not.

1. Tools are not "submissions"
2. Formal reviews are to determine whether a library should be accepted.
3. I don't see any tools listed here: https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/
4. I don't see any tools listed here: https://www.boost.io/libraries/mini/
5. A review should take place, no one is stopping you.
6. A formal review should not take place. Tools are not libraries.

I'll be curious to see how this plays out since review wizards have
informed me they only get involved for library submissions.

Thanks